Showing all 2 results
People have different thermal requirements
By ensuring you have the right level of thermal comfort at your desk you will improve your productivity.
Providing individual desk heating can reduce the running cost of your office’s primary heating system as the room thermostat can be set to accommodate the majority of occupants rather than the few who like to be warmer. This is particularly relevant for open plan offices as females have a higher thermal requirement (+1 – 1.5 degrees) to feel comfortable than their male colleagues.
For every 1°C the thermostat is lowered a 6%-8% reduction in heating costs is realised and the business’s carbon footprint is reduced.
Personal infrared desk heater
LAVA® DESK 2.0 is a healthy, safe, silent and energy efficient desk heating solution. Our innovative infrared heater fits neatly under your desk or table (it can also be portable!) to keep you warm and cozy without ramping up your energy bills.
How does the LAVA® DESK 2.0 work?
The LAVA® DESK 2.0 is an incredibly efficient heater designed to warm you directly and not the whole room.
The human body is designed to accept and emit far infrared waves which are completely natural, 100% safe and good for our well-being. The LAVA® Desk 2.0 works on the principle of the sun by producing gentle, long-wave infrared which travels inertly through air heating people and solid objects on contact. If you like the warmth of the sun then you will love the feeling you get from a LAVA® DESK infrared heater.
This personal low energy infrared heater costs just 1p/hour to run on the maximum setting. It can either be installed on the under-side of the desk to provide precise heat to the lower body or used as a portable heater with the stand accessory.
The LAVA® DESK 2.0 is fully controllable with a timer (1, 2 or 3 hours) to prevent the heater being left on by mistake and a variable control to deliver the optimum level of thermal comfort.
How does this heater help me?
- magnetic field free far infrared emission delivers superior thermal comfort
- maintenance free with a long service life (over 20 years)
- no moving parts mean it is completely silent, so you don’t have to compromise on a good working environment
- highest quality components, manufactured in Austria
- simple installation – easily attached to the underside of the desk using 4 screws provided or the two adhesive strips
- portable option with stand accessory
- space saving (only 15mm deep), almost invisible under the desk
- save £s when working from home – no need to turn on your central heating during the day
- reduce the running cost of your business’s heating system as the office thermostat can be set to accommodate the majority of occupants rather than the few who like to be warmer (for every 1°C the thermostat is reduced a 6%-8% reduction in heating costs is realised).
LAVA DESK 2.0 Infrared Heater
- £0.01/hour to run
- Compact and unobtrusive
- Simple installation or free-standing (with stand accessory)
- Excellent thermal comfort from gentle infrared and variable controls
- Timer control prevents wasting energy
- Infrared has positive effects on the human body, including enhanced blood circulation to extremities and soothing tense muscles
The LAVA Desk heater is "nice and toasty. I turn it off each day I use it, but it’s nice to know it’s not a H&S issue if I were to forget. Nice and easy and works well..." Bryony Flint, Biffa Waste Services
Commercial and trade enquiries for volume sales welcomed – please call for prices
Lease finance option
ARC now offers a lease finance option for businesses wishing to purchase Infrared and Underfloor Heating Systems (over £1,000).
Due to the tax breaks available for lease finance, this option often works out cheaper than a straight forward purchase.